This group actually comprises carers and care recipients as they represent the final beneficiaries of the CARER+ action and share common needs and interests.
- Carers: these are institutions, organisations and individuals who are directly involved in adult care – care workers and caregivers.
- Care recipients: these are older people with low autonomy levels cared for at home and by their families.
The European portal for the professionalisation of care workers has the potential to fulfil their needs with respect to:
- Access to targeted information via:
- The "Home care" section where they can find information on the domiciliary care sector and where they can compare their situation with their European counterparts'.
- The "Home care and ICT" section where they can assess their ICT skills as well as learn about the benefits of ICT in domiciliary care.
- The "Professional training" section where they can fin information on the carers' rights to VET, on certification systems and on the validation of prior experience.
- The "Developing training" section where they can react on the wiki presenting the 41 ICT competences identified for carers.